PLEASE READ COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
With normal care and proper treatment it will provide years of reliable service.
KEEP THE FOLLOWING POINTS IN MIND:
- If the display becomes locked on Out2 please recalibrate the scale.
- Avoid lengthy exposure to extreme heat or cold, your scale works best when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the unit to acclimate to a normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
- Allow sufficient warm up time. Turn the scale on and wait several seconds to give the internal components a chance to stabilize before weighing.
- The cleaner the environment the better. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and proximity to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
- Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor and void your warranty.
- Avoid shaking, dropping or shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and MUST BE HANDLED WITH EXTREME CARE.
IMPORTANT ADVICE: Place the item to be weighed on the platform, after the stable weight is displayed remove the item immediately. This will prolong the longevity and accuracy of this weighing instrument.
** These electronic scales are precision instruments. Do not operate near an in-use cell phone, cordless phone, radio, computer or other electronic device. These devices emit RF and can cause unstable scale readings. If your scale ever performs poorly, try moving the scale to a different room or location. This is a very precise scale - the display may seem to wander or jump when weighing. This is due to air currents or vibrations. Stable weighing is achieved when the display remains fixed for 3 seconds.
- Three “AAA” size ALKALINE batteries are required.
- To install batteries:
- a) Release the battery cover by sliding out-wards.
- b) Place batteries into battery compartment aligned correctly.
- c) Replace battery cover. DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE FORCE & DO NOT PRESS ON THE TRAY!
- The scale is now ready for battery operation.
IMPORTANT: This scale was professionally factory calibrated before shipment and does NOT need to be recalibrated by the end user. However, if you wish to recalibrate your scale we provide these instructions for calibration: Repeat calibration if the scale ever shows Out2. Incorrect calibration can occur if you do not follow the steps exactly. If your scale does not perform accurately, please try replacing your batteries before you calibrate. You will need a 500gram weight or set of weights to calibrate this scale.
NOTE: if you do not have access to a 500g weight you can purchase one at your local store or in emergency situations you can use coins or weights (100 US Nickels = 500g) as a 500g weight.
- Turn the scale OFF and Place the it on a Flat, very stable surface (Be certain the scale is OFF)
- Press and hold the “ZERO” key for 5 seconds until a random large number appears on the display - then release the key.
- Press the ZERO key again, the display will show 2Ero then 500.0
- Gently place a 500 gram weight on the scale and wait 3 seconds.
- Press the ZERO key, the display will show CAL and then PASS, calibration is complete. Remove the weight and turn the scale off.
- * Power Up Segment test: When first turning the unit on, all segments of the display will appear as shown below. This display will remain for approximately 2 seconds and then reset to 0. 1:8:8:8:8
- * Overload : When an applied load exceeds the 600g capacity. “EEEE” will appear on the display. Remove the excessive load immediately! Remember: You can permanently damage the scale by overloading it.
- * Negative Value: Any tarred value or a value left in memory will be displayed as a negative number once all weight is removed from the unit. Press tare to re-Zero the unit.
- * Auto Off: An auto shut off feature is provided to conserve battery power. The unit will automatically turn off after approximately 3 minutes of inactivity.
KEY PAD FUNCTIONS
* UNIT: Unit (mode) selection: Press and release the key once to change weight unit You can select g (grams), oz (ounces), dwt (pennyweight) or pcs (parts counting).
* ON/OFF: Press this key to turn unit on. Once the unit is on, press and hold the same key to turn the scale off.
* ZERO (TARE)
Press Zero to reset the scale to zero. This can be used for eliminating from a sample (or a Tray/Container) the weight value of a container weight is permanently removed for the remainder of the procedure. Just turn the scale ON, place the tray or container on weighing platform, and press the ZERO key. The scale will show 0.0 (or 0.00) on the display and you can add items to the container/tray.
NOTE: When the weight is removed from the weighing tray, the tared value of a container will be displayed as a negative number. Cycle the power on the scale to reset the scale to zero.
* COVER / BOWL- The CJ comes with a cover. Please keep your CJ covered at all times when not in use to protect from damage
* AC ADAPTOR- The CJ can be operated on AC power with a standard 6volt AC adaptor. Please only use the correct AC adaptor for this scale - an incorrect power AC adaptor can cause damage to the scale and possible fire or injury.
* PCS (Count) Sample sizes can be 10, 20, 50 or 100. The following steps outline the procedure for cumulative weighing of samples:
- Switch the scale on
- Use the UNIT key to put the scale into PCS mode.
- Now press the PCS key once*. The display will show “S=10“. Put 10 pcs of samples on the platform.
- Press the UNIT key (to lock in the weight). The display will show “10” and the scale is ready for counting.